I can't remember the specifics of the rides we went on, but we started the morning with a quick breakfast at Jamba Juice and then headed into Disneyland as soon as they opened. We had planned to get a fast pass to meet Anna and Elsa but minutes after the park opened, there were at least *300* people in line for the same thing. No joke. So, our girl isn't going to get to meet the Frozen gals this trip. She's fine with it.
We rode a bunch of rides (Small World is her favorite) and because it was first thing in the morning, we had no wait times. It was great.
We rode the train to New Orleans Square and ate a super fancy, delicious lunch at Blue Bayou. Louis made reservations for my birthday lunch awhile ago and it turned out great. Best food we've had on our trip and the ambiance was really cool. The restaurant is part of the scenery of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride so there were boats coming past us as we ate. They'd wave at us and we'd wave back. It wasn't like we were being watched, though, because it was pretty dark and the boats went through quickly.
I wore my birthday button today and lots of people stopped to say happy birthday. I felt special :) Lots of texts and messages on Facebook, too.
After lunch, we headed back to the hotel, where Olivia took a nap! Hallelujah. Actually, we all napped. We thought about going swimming after but decided against it because we all wanted to go back to the park. We walked to California Adventure where we ate dinner in the Pacific Wharf area. It was missing the homeless people and pigeon poop, but otherwise it felt like we were in San Francisco.
After dinner we crossed back over to Disneyland to watch the parade. I brought out a bunch of glow in the dark bracelets I picked up at Target before our trip and O loved them.
We rode a bunch more rides after the parade, ending with Small World as the park closed. O is fast asleep and I'm heading there soon. We walked at least 10 miles today.
I'm beat but so happy. It was truly a great birthday.
No comments:
Post a Comment