The next day was Festivist, and I felt fine. I liked Eddie Papas and would definitely go back. O had so much fun running around with her cousins and being as loud and silly as she could possibly be. I loved being able to sit and talk to adults while she had her fun in the other room.
That night, I started not feeling so great, and just before bed, O came down with a fever. The night was rough and the next morning I felt miserable. O was back to normal by morning, with just the slightest sniffle. She went on to do her Aristocsts performance and felt fine. I, however, felt awful. For a moment I wondered if I was getting mastitis, because that's the level of misery I was feeling.
Louis texted to say he was running late to the performance, and my mom said she was stuck at Kaiser, so I somehow managed to get myself and O dressed and to the theater. After the performance, Louis took O out to eat and I came home to crash. The weird thing about this flu is that all I want to do is sleep. I don't have a cough and nothing hurts, but I want to sleep all day long. I don't know what I would have done if Louis hadn't taken a half day.
I tried to nap again today but O kept bouncing all over the place, asking for snacks, asking for attention, telling me she had to go potty (just go!), and generally bothering me as much as possible. So hard to be sick with a little one!
No comments:
Post a Comment