Thursday, December 17, 2015

HMN and CFAM

There's a new person interested in becoming a third co-leader of our holistic moms chapter! I'm so excited. We had our monthly meeting this week and the topic was homeopathy. Louis introduced me to a homeopath who lives in SL and works in Oakland and I invited her to come speak. She was great!

The talk was "Intro to Homeopathy," so I didn't think I would learn much but I did ask a question about the best way to store 20+ remedies. I just have mine in a plastic box but I don't love it. She suggested a bullet box! I never would have thought of it, but it's the perfect size. She says she likes to think of it as "repurposing" the box for a more healthy reason. I love it. Gotta get me a bullet box.

I've decided to official resign from CFAM. I've been hanging in there for awhile, because it's T's baby and because we started the organization in my dining room. I decided that my heart isn't in the politics of midwifery as much as it should be and I don't like being part of an organization if I don't have the energy to grow it and make it even greater. Fortunately, I found someone awesome to replace me as treasurer. She'll start after the new year and I can bow out.

We're heading to the snow tomorrow and all I'm looking forward to is resting by a snowy window with a good book. Ha! We'll see.

No comments: