Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Cold and Felt Boards

I'm sick. Woke up with a cold this morning. A few days ago I got part one of two lymphatic massages. I had never had one before, but it was awesome. My massage therapist warned me about the possibility that I could get sick, so I made sure to drink a ton of water the day before and just after the massage. I was fine. 

Yesterday, I had the second half of the massage, which was the lower half of my body. I didn't have as much water to drink, I stressed about picking up La PiƱata catering for parent ed night at school (I was the only parent on the committee who did anything!), I got all worked up about a homeschool conversation during parent ed, and I sat next to someone who was getting over a cold. So, bam, I got hit.

We stayed home from school today and did puzzles, ate soup, and watched a lot of movies. I felt guilty, of course, but O was great about understanding that I wasn't feeling well. When I first told 
her this morning, she came over to feel my forehead, gave me a kiss, then told me she would take care of me. 

My baby.

I also spent today making felt boards for my workday at preschool tomorrow. I burned myself with the hot glue gun a few times and the entire house is covered in tiny bits of felt leftover from cutting out shakes and letters. But, every kid will go home with their own felt board and things to decorate it with. I hope it goes well.

No comments: