Louis and O went to school this morning, where Louis consoled a kid who was crying for his mom, helped another kid with a bloody nose, and made some other kids laugh by acting silly on the playground. Dads get away with so much. Moms do it all on a daily basis but a dad steps in and everyone thinks he's a hero.
After school, they drove in the rain to whole foods, where O told Louis she didn't feel good about halfway through. Apparently one minute she was fine and a minute later she was crying and saying "I miss my mama!" and asking to go home. As usual, she spiked a fever immediately. They came home and he spent all afternoon fussing over her, reading books, watching a movie, and taking a nap.
Meanwhile, I was loving the conference until he texted me about what was going on. After that, I couldn't concentrate anymore. I cannot believe this is happening again. The first time she had one of these mysterious fever episodes was a year and a half ago and it was after I had gone to a conference in the exact same place as today's. Is she really still being traumatized by me being gone for a day!? Gah. I just can't.
After leaving the conference, I wanted to come straight home and check on her but had to meet my committee at the preschool first. Silly me, I volunteered to be on the graduation committee and now I'm responsible for trying to get local business to donate items for all 48 gift bags. Good grief.
Motherhood. Geez.
No comments:
Post a Comment