Sunday, April 3, 2016

SLED

I'm listening to Louis talk on the phone with someone about SLED, the education foundation he helped start. I think he's inviting someone to be the keynote speaker at the major fundraising breakfast Louis is in charge of planning this coming weekend. Last year the event raised more than 150K.

Whenever I'm around him working on SLED stuff, I get so angry. My problem, not his, of course, but I hate how much time he spends on this organization. Hate it. He's resigning from the board this summer and I. Cannot. Wait.

Every conversation about our schools brings me back to last summer's vaccine bill drama and I get upset all over again. I have changed so much since then and I have so many more things I would have, could have said at the mic or to our assemblyman. I have so much less fear and intimidation now and am so much more passionate.

Ugh, must let go of the anger. Think I'll go book our hotel room for the homeschool conference.

No comments: