I had the first meeting of the aspiring midwives support group at my house tonight. It was a huge success! I bought tons of beans, rice, and chicken from the Mexican restaurant across the street and provided all the toppings for a do-it-yourself taco bar. I typed up a list of resources - yahoo groups, study groups, organizations to join, a list of basic supplies to get, and how to get started. I put the lists in a pocket folder that I also stuffed with brochures and other free midwifery materials I had gathered. They loved it!
We had a great time sharing our stories and goals. And get this - 4 of the 6 women who came are Mexican-American or have Mexican-American kids. I know! Isn't that super crazy cool!? Four other women couldn't make it tonight but want to come in the future. I'll set up a yahoo group tomorrow so we can communicate easily.
Before we ended our meeting, I asked everyone to share a midwifery-related goal they will work on for the next month. My goal is to finally come up with a logo. I guess I better have one by our next meeting.
So, I have been ignoring an oncoming flu that has been lurking, because I wanted so badly to have this meeting tonight. It's my first real "project" since becoming licensed and I'm super excited about it! Now, however, I have to allow this flu to hit. Off to bed I go.
1 comment:
get better soon. congrats for your group success! sounds fun :)
Post a Comment