Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Heartburn

So, Louis says I haven't complained very much about physical ailments this whole pregnancy. He's right, I guess. Generally, I've been feeling pretty good. But just this past week, heartburn has hit me hard. It's brutal! It hits in the late afternoon and lasts until I fall asleep. It feels like I could make it go away if only I could just burp or throw up enough. Neither one happens, so I just get a horrible burning feeling in my upper chest every few minutes. Ugh.

I've been pretty strong about avoiding dairy, so the usual remedies of milk or ice cream won't work. Raw almonds and papaya enzymes are supposed to be other good remedies, but I have neither in the house tonight. I'm gonna try a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar once I can work up the courage to take it. I hear pickles also work, but darn it, I'm out of those too. Oh, heartburn, you're killing me!

Yep, I'm having a hairy baby.

No comments: