Thursday, January 5, 2012

Nesting

So, if I ever decide to write a book on pregnancy (there's a thought), I will totally include a long section on nesting. Biological instinct or whatever, this thing is strong. It cannot be fought. As the weeks are ticking by, it's getting stronger. Louis doesn't really get it, but fortunately for him, he's going along with it. There is no point trying to rationalize with a pregnant, nesting woman. It's just best to stay out of the way.

One of our super generous Christmas gifts was a brand new family-size, co-sleeping-friendly bed! I'm so excited. I just found out it's going to be delivered tomorrow afternoon, so now I'm working on the arrangements for switching out the old bed for the new one. The new sheets and mattress cover have already been washed and are being stored in the clean baby's room at the moment. The waterproof covers for the boxspring are off-gasing on a hanger in the garage.

I've already taken photos of the old bed, along with the two sheet sets, pillows, and bed skirt, so I can list it all together on Craigslist.

I had already planned to spend most of today ebaying (we're still waiting on that Tracy baby), and I have so much motivation to get all this extra stuff out of the house. We totally need to have a garage sale soon. Why do we have so much stuff? Where does this all come from? Louis' stacks of papers in the office are bothering me much more than they normally do. I have such a strong desire to take a whole day off to help him organize his stuff into labeled, color-coded boxes.

There's dust in my nest! Stuff needs to be cleaned and washed and put away in a proper place. I would love to have a new kitchen floor. Ooh, maybe we can pay for it with the money from selling the bed. How will I ever get all this done in time for the baby's arrival?

No comments: