Thursday, September 6, 2012
PACE
Because I'm such a political junkie, I belong to a group called Political Action Committee for Excellence, whose purpose is to encourage and support qualified female candidates running for office in San Leandro or representing San Leandro. I pay dues each year and the pot gets divided up among all the candidates who earn the PACE endorsement. Yesterday was our big meeting where we decided who to endorse, so I threw Olivia in the moby and off we went. When I walked in the door wearing Olivia, the whole room of women went crazy. It was like they'd never seen a baby before. I actually enjoyed the fuss because I'm proud to be the youngest member of the group and the only one having babies. Olivia and I stood and bounced in the corner of the room while the candidates gave their speeches before the group and then we all voted. Olivia didn't make a peep the whole time and she even fell asleep. I am so glad I went to the meeting. I got out of the house, I got to cast my vote, and it gave me something to talk about with my political junkie husband when he got home. We've been super excited about the democratic convention this week. I loved Michelle Obama's speech. She inspires me to want to be a better wife and mother. We spotted one of our Fremont friends on CNN cheering for thr first lady. How cool that he gets to be a delegate! Yep, the campaign season is in full effect around here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment