Monday, September 24, 2012

Spinning Babies

I'm going to an all-day class tomorrow called Spinning Babies. The instructor designed this course to be all about learning how a baby's position can impact labor, how to figure out and change a baby's position during pregnancy, and how to help a woman in labor with a baby in a less than optimal position. When I signed up for the class, I was excited about it. Now that it's just a few hours away, I'm kind of dreading it. Olivia will be spending the day with grandma and grandpa, which I like, but it will be the longest I'll have ever been away from her. I'm worried about having enough milk for her while I'm gone. I'm stressed about having to find a place to pump every few hours during the class. I'm also worried about having to do lots of hands-on techniques in class when I don't have a good pair of comfortable pants and I haven't even had time to shave my legs. I'm worried about trying to maintain my professional status as a midwife when I know I'm going to be thinking lots about my 21 hour labor with a posterior baby and how hard it was. A couple people that I know are going just get on my nerves because they're so dang airy-fairy. The class is in Berkeley, in a spot where there is no parking. I know I'm gonna miss my baby. Ugh, I hope it will be worth it. Alright, I'm gonna go find some cheese to go with my whine.

No comments: