Saturday, September 15, 2012
Yuck
I'm not doing so well. In an effort to keep my blog archives accurate, I'm gonna take a moment to vent and complain. My entire body hurts. My bones ache and my muscles burn. Every moment is such an effort. I honestly feel like I can sleep for days. Could it be I have/still have mono? It can't be normal to be in this much pain and this exhausted four months after giving birth. My midwife brain says that all my symptoms point to an underactive thyroid, but when I had my blood tested, everything came back normal. According to the lab results, I'm not even anemic. So, I just feel miserable for no reason. I feel like a horrible mother for not having the energy to get out of bed first thing in the morning and for not playing with Olivia as much as I should. Even with my connections to friends and moms groups, I feel totally isolated during the week. Whenever Louis tells me he has to work late, I feel like I'm gonna lose it. I really just want to take a break and catch my breath and then come back to mothering. It is so hard to feel like a good mom when my body doesn't want to cooperate. I'm failing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
From what I've seen, you're a great mom and a great auntie. Having just started staying at home, I can attest to its sometimes lonely and absolutely exhausting nature. I'll reach a point in the day where I've run out of books to read and silly faces to make. That's when I start putting random objects on the baby's head and take a picture to show her... It can be monotonous work.Seriously, there's only so much you can do at this age. Steph and I are here if you or Louis ever need anything. Hang in there and feel better!
Post a Comment