As it turned out, the client from yesterday ended up laboring so quickly that she was ready to push in the middle of the night and I got called to attend her birth! The midwife had chosen another assist to attend since I was unavailable for most of the day, but the birth went so fast and I was the closest, so I went. I don't know if I'll ever get used to the feeling of barreling down 880 at 85 mph at 3 in the morning. It's so "weee!" It was a great birth and I didn't even get my socks wet. I'm glad I got to work with this particular midwife. Hope she calls me again in the future. I'm super happy all my worrying about the schedule was for nothing.
That makes two births in three days. I'm wiped and so glad it's the weekend. Louis and I don't have a single official plan for today (Saturday), which almost never happens. Yay, we get to just enjoy some family time together!
No comments:
Post a Comment