Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Zumba

I discovered that I have this super bad habit of needing to eat something while I watch tv. When pomegranates were in season, I didn't feel so guilty because it would take me about an hour to pick at one and each kernel while I watched the Big Bang Theory. Now that the pom season is over, I find myself resorting to less healthy options.

Then this past week I had to get dressed up and found that one of my nicest shirts no longer fits. Dang. I weigh two pounds more than when I got pregnant, but I seem to be much bigger in places. Boo.

Anyway, I finally broke down and joined a local zumba class this week. I absolutely fell in love with zumba while I was in Texas and I felt like it was a big reason I was able to start pregnancy feeling healthy. I had high hopes that I'd be able to find a similar class at home but I had been disappointed so far.

I found an instructor that teaches at St Leander's school on Mondays and Wednesdays in the evenings and it only costs $5 a class. I mean, really, it can't get more convenient. So, I started this week.

I like the instructor. The music was "eh" but it was a full class and there was lots of good energy. I felt like I could keep the pace without straining so it's a good feeling that this out of shape mom can still work it but I am also looking for a challenge. Still, I totally felt it the next day. I'm really looking forward to exercising again. Yay, zumba!

I hope it doesn't affect my milk supply or taste.

No comments: