Monday, September 30, 2013

Family Weekend

Today was an awesome day.

While Louis took Olivia to music class this morning, I got to sleep in and then visit with a former client who has become a good friend. When they came home, we had lunch as a family, which is very rare.

After lunch, I attempted to cook my first roast ever, while Louis took Olivia to the park. The roast was super easy to make and it came out delicious! We had a great dinner together and even O liked my cooking.

My washer and dryer have been moved back into the house and are working (small leak under the washer but I'm pretending to not see it) and I'm so relieved that I am able to do laundry in my own home again. My roast was the first thing I made in my new oven, so the kitchen finally feels real now.

We got a lot of cleaning and organizing done today and it was nice to just have one full, relaxing weekend day.

Olivia learned to say "lellow" (yellow) today and she can now identify all the primary colors. She has so much fun when all three of us are together. We must have read Goodnight Moon a couple dozen times, we watched some Elmo, we played with blocks, and we colored while laying on our tummies. Mostly, though, she followed us around the house and "helped" with the laundry and cleaning.

I love weekends and I love my family.

No comments: