My mom met this friend's mom while chaperoning a field trip for my sister. They got to talking about church and my mom eventually got involved with leading the youth group, as a result of some info and encouragement from the friend's mom.
They stayed friends and at some point my friend's mom started picking my sister and me up from school since she was already there picking up her two daughters who were the same age. Sometimes she would drop us off at home, where we would fight over the remote control until my parents came home, but sometimes she would take us back to her place and we'd all hang out. Anyway, I got to know her family and my friend's mom was the kind of person EVERYBODY liked. She was super nice and always in a good mood. She obviously loved her kids and her family and she had tons of friends. I swear half of San Leandro knows her family.
So my friend happens to be very pregnant with her second child and when I gave her a hug after the mass, she told me she had been contracting all day. Wow! Per Facebook, she's now at the hospital in labor. She must be exhausted. What a day.
I'm thinking good thoughts for her tonight. Hope she has a smooth delivery and a beautiful birth.
No comments:
Post a Comment