Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Ouch, My Back

I had a crazy experience yesterday. I laid down to nurse Olivia in the morning, like we always do. I laid on my left side and I noticed my back felt kind of sore.

When we got up from the bed, we went into her room to play and put away clean laundry. As I bent down to pick up the laundry, though, I felt this intense pain in my back on my upper left side. It was enough to make me yell out loud and I was so worried I would scare Olivia. I tried to sit down right away so I could fake being calm. As soon as I sat down though, the room started spinning and I started to pass out!

I ended up lying on my stomach on the floor while Olivia shoved a book in my face and tried to get my attention. Fortunately (thank goodness), Louis was home and he helped me by massaging my back and then helped me crawl into bed, where he set me up with a heating pad, taking care of Olivia at the same time. After about half an hour I could sit up without the excruciating pain and we got on with our day.

But, what in the world was that? Why did I pass out? Goodness, what would I have done if I had been home alone with Olivia when it happened?

My neck is sore today and I'm thinking I desperately need a massage.

No comments: