Olivia wanted to watch the kids sitting on Santa's lap, but at noon on a Wednesday, there weren't any families in line for Santa photos. Note to self. She stood behind the rope and waved hello to Santa, instead. I explained to Santa's helper that that was the closest O would go, since she was pretty scared of the big man. Santa nicely gave his helper a sheet of stickers to give to O and she was thrilled.
We ate a grown-up lunch together at Cheesecake Factory, just the two of us. We only dropped one piece of silverware on the floor and O got lots of compliments about how lovely she behaved and what a big girl she was. I was so proud of her. The super nice waitress took our order right away and immediately brought O a plate of sliced banana and a few pieces of bread. She was super attentive the whole meal and I was so grateful that I left her something like a 35 percent tip.
When we got home, O went straight down for a nap and I noticed we didn't seem to have electricity in random parts of the house. Both the main lights in the bedrooms worked but the bedroom clock didn't and nothing in the bathroom, hallway, or front room did. I checked the breakers and fuses but everything seemed fine. Called PG&E and they said they would send a technician out tonight. The guy came out and said we had an old broken wire and that they needed to get a whole crew out to fix it. The crew came at 10 tonight and about 10:45 we lost all power completely.
I can hear the truck still running outside and I know the guys are working on it, so I'm not freaking out just yet. It's still really hard to get anything accomplished without electricity. Thank goodness for the ipad, low battery and all. Reminds me of being in Texas and desperately wanting connection to home.
I think we need to work on our emergency supplies and prep, like having flashlights or candles in each room. It's pretty dang dark in here. I guess I better just go to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment