Louis is off work for two weeks and (along with all the fun holiday stuff), we've been giving each other breaks from parenting our toddler so we can actually get some stuff done, personally, professionally, and around the house. I had been spending all my free time cleaning and prepping for Christmas but today I got a whole THREE HOURS to myself to just do whatever I wanted to do.
Louis took Olivia to the zoo and then helped her make a bunch of thank-you cards. Meanwhile, I cleaned my entire half of the office. It looks so great up there now! You can see the entire floor now and everything is clean and tidy. I have my new 2015 calendar on the wall, with my first midwifery client for the new year (yay!) all color-coded. I organized midwifery supplies, created a cleaner eBay area, and started a craft section. I would love to turn the office space into an area where I can set up my sewing machine and have room for crafting. It's getting there.
I vacuumed every nook and cranny, including the stairs. I sorted Olivia's books into boxes to save for ages 4-6 and 6-8. We have some great ethnic books that I can't wait for her to read. I also found quite a few in Dutch or Spanish. I love finding good books at the thrift store.
I'm in the process of clearing out most of my precious books to make room for our homeschooling/unschooling supplies. I've been doing a ton of reading lately, since I want to read everything before I decide whether to keep it or pass it on.
I cleaned out a bunch of stuff we no longer need or want and added it to the "garage sale" area in the garage. I also filled up an entire recycling bin of paper and bits.
I love when my office is clean!
I sorted the to-do lists from the different parts of my life into cubby holes on my desk so that when I get another parenting break I can get to work on a particular area or job. I have tons of work to do for my midwifery practice in the new year.
We had an enjoyable dinner with Louis' dad, who turns 85 tomorrow, then Olivia went to bed early since she didn't nap today. I canned a batch of plum preserves and cleaned out even more paperwork from the office.
Hurray!
No comments:
Post a Comment