Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Holiday Lunch

Today was the annual holiday luncheon for Louis' work, where all the employees and spouses of his company eat at a fancy restaurant and say nice things about each other.  This year was a little different because Louis now has two people under him on the totem pole and he has new responsibilities, so he's kind of working his way up.  It feels like he's found his comfort spot at the company and he is genuinely valued and respected all around.  I was proud to hear all the nice things people had to say about him.

I was also super proud of Olivia, who looked very cute in a fancy dress and sparkly shoes.  She warmed up to everyone pretty quickly, passed out the presents we brought, then sat through TWO hours of lunch quietly eating her meal and joining in the conversation every now and then.  Everyone was impressed.  She needed a booster seat but she was basically a little adult at the table with everyone else  :)

Louis' boss gave us a very generous gift card to Paradiso, our date night restaurant.  He said he wanted to give us some gentle, loving advice, which was to spend more time together as a couple and go on more dates.  How did he know?  Anyway, I'm looking forward to date night soon.

I'm proud of my family.

No comments: