Louis took Olivia to Jaxon's birthday party today way up in Santa Rosa and I had the entire day to myself. I got to Stoneridge before the mall even opened, then shopped for a bunch of stuff. I got our thanksgiving tablecloth, a new lipstick, dress and shoes for O for our family photo tomorrow, tie and sweater for Louis, and a bunch of clothing for me. Since KMing my clothes, I've been needing new socks and underwear but haven't had the time to get them until today. And everything was on sale, yay!
I had lunch by myself, which I love to do. After lunch, I finished my clothing shopping at Macy's. I learned that I dropped a whole size of jeans! Hot diggity.
On my way home, I stopped at a salon in Castro Valley that I'd never been to before, and got my hair cut to above my shoulders. I actually had it cut yesterday in preparation for the photo shoot, but since I waited to the last minute to schedule my appointment, my regular guy wasn't available. I figured anybody would be okay, but I will never make that mistake again. The guy took about 15 minutes total, he kept bopping the hard comb on my head, he blow dried it too long, and he was too rough. I hated my hair when he was done but I didn't know what to say. It had been bothering me ever since, which is why I stopped today to get it fixed. It's a very vain thing to do, but I only get my hair cut about once a year, so I may as well get it done right. I'm hoping our family holiday photo tomorrow turns out well.
Fortunately I'll be wearing long sleeves tomorrow, because I have a big bruise on my arm where a dog bit me tonight. Yep. Auntie Loretta and I were out walking around the track at the park this evening after O went to bed but before Auntie had to be at the airport. We passed by a teenager and his black and white pit bull. After we passed them, the dog turned around and lunged at me, biting my arm. I yelped, mostly out of surprise but it also really hurt. I looked down expecting to see blood but there was none, fortunately. The dog's teeth managed to scrape my arm without breaking the skin. It still hurts and there's a big bump that will likely be a bruise tomorrow. The dog's owner never even apologized. He just hit the dog on the head and walked off. I'm still kind of in shock about it. Louis wants to file a police report, but I'm not sure what good it would do.
I'll see how my arm feels in the morning. Other than the dog bite, today was a great day.
No comments:
Post a Comment