Saturday, October 3, 2015

KM Kitchen

Somehow I got distracted from KMing the office (how did that happen?) and ended up working in the kitchen. I guess I just keep moving around the house, marking things off my checklist.

Yesterday I did my spice cabinet. It looks beautiful now! I did a deep clean while I was sorting and I physically and mentally wiped away all the places the ants were. It's a brand new start and I won't be afraid to open the cabinet doors anymore for fear of finding little critters.

Tonight I tackled my pantry. The top drawer is where we keep the junk food, which is really just potato chips for us. We're hooked on the Kettle brand jalapeƱo and/or barbecue chips. That's about as bad as we get for junk food. There is no candy in this whole house, which feels great.

The second drawer is full of pasta, rice, quinoa, and beans. The third drawer is canned coconut milk, pasta sauce, canned beans, and extra condiments. I found six jars of pesto sauce! I had no idea there were already so many, or otherwise I wouldn't keep buying them. Now I know.

I made the bottom drawer "Olivia's drawer," meaning it's full of stuff that she can snack on anytime and can help herself. She has gluten-free cereal, dried fruit, nuts, crackers, and a few treats. Hopefully this will help with her inevitable munchies that hit as soon as my hands get busy making dinner each night.

My pantry and spice cabinet spark joy! They're clean, organized, and full of healthy foods. I'd like to work on making better use of buying in bulk to save money in the future. I also have a list of spices I'd like to order from Frontier, our co-op buying club, since their prices are much better than local stores.

I'm super thrilled with half of my kitchen. I'll start the other half tomorrow.

No comments: