Monday, September 28, 2015

KM Bills, Lecture Stuff

I found a KonMari checklist online! 

Louis took Olivia to the mall this morning and I had a couple hours to myself, so I grabbed my checklist and decided to tackle the office. I finished bills/statements and lecture materials. I now have a year's worth of past statements for each bill, in chronological order, filed in alphabetical order. The bottom drawer of my filing cabinet was notebooks and lab books that I saved from my pre-med math and science classes. I've never been able to throw them out, because I always thought I would take the classes again once I decided to go to med school for real. Now that I know that's not at all the path I want to take, I felt better about recycling everything. I was amazed at how I don't even remember much less understand my notes from these classes. I looked at my chemistry work and I have no clue how to answer those questions now. It's like reading a whole new language. Did I really forget it all?

Louis and Olivia came home at lunchtime with a brand new iPhone for me! Louis says it's my birthday present. I'm so glad he did all the painful work of researching, buying, and setting it up himself. I'm so grateful. I love the new big screen.

After lunch, I went to the hardware store to return a bunch of misc things I found while cleaning the garage. We got almost 40 bucks back! I spent all the credit on canning lids, nice gloves for Louis' emergency supplies backpack, and a can opener for our home emergency kit.

I made a Thai green curry for dinner, which we all enjoyed. After my walk and putting O to bed, I cleaned everything off the dining room table and cleared everything else out of the room. Everything got shoved into the office, but that's okay because I'll get to it soon. We bought a rug online last night and I can't wait until it's delivered! We're also waiting for our custom wooden bookshelf to arrive so I can fill it with our homeschool supplies. Our dining room will look so awesome once it's done, and we're so close!

No comments: