Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Photos

Another de-clutter project nearly done.  Over the past few days, I've gone through every photo of mine from birth to just before I got engaged.  I've kept the ones I like the best and weeded out more than 500.  I condensed them into full photo albums that I actually have space to store in the office.

Part of my photos were stored in albums for 4x6 prints and those are totally done.  But, another portion of photos were stored in albums for 5x7 prints.  When I went to look through those albums, the glue completely came undone and they literally fell apart on me.  I ended up taking every photo out, sorted through them to decide which ones to keep, and then ordered new photo albums on Amazon.  Once the albums arrive, I can stick these photos inside and this project will be done!

I'm so glad Olivia won't have to worry about storing printed photos.  Hers will all be digital or in a photo book.

Looking through the photos and letting some go was like therapy.  I have a new perspective now as a mom, and looking back on my childhood, I realized a couple things.  One was that I had a fabulous childhood.  I was totally loved and had everything I could ever need or want.  Another thing was that I was a very difficult person to love and I'm lucky my parents are even willing to still speak to me.

As my physically awkward phase ended right around age 14/15, I realize now that I looked good!  This was a big deal because I thought of myself as so ugly for so many years.  I totally wasn't.  Ugh, to go back and tell myself what I know now.

Also, had I known that my 15 year old body wouldn't last, I would have taken nude pics, lol.  Geez, I should have enjoyed my youth so much more than I did.  It feels great to let so much go.

No comments: