Saturday, October 31, 2015

Vacation

Louis is on vacation!!!!!

He is off for the next two weeks completely, then back for a short bit before Thanksgiving break, back to work after the holiday for a short bit, then off for the end of the year company holiday. The rest of his year should go by pretty quickly. I am so excited to have him home and I'm so looking forward to spending some time together.

We'd really like to take Olivia to the snow for the first time, but there doesn't seem to be any snow just yet. Not sure where we'll end up, but we're hoping to take an overnight getaway in the next couple weeks.

Our dining room rug arrived yesterday! I love the way it goes with the new curtains and it gives the room such a cozy feeling. Aside from setting up the bookshelf when it arrives, I have only two things to do to the dining room before I'll consider it "done" and that is cleaning the dead bugs out of the light fixture, and deciding on a quote for the wall.

I wrote down a list of possible quotes and I started asking family for their votes. Everyone voted for something different and now I have lost the list altogether, so I'm back at the beginning. Louis likes the "when you know better you do better" quote from Maya Angelou. I was leaning toward "whisper words of wisdom...let it be" from the Beatles but I'm not sure. I'm hoping to finish the room by Thanksgiving, since we'll be hosting, but it will definitely be done by the end of the year.

I've already started my Christmas shopping and I'm going to try to finish soon. I would love to have stress-free time to enjoy December. This is the first year of our marriage that Louis and I have enough money to cover everything that we need to be comfortable. I'm so grateful for the peace of mind and I'm also thinking about making a significant donation of some kind to a family who is not so comfortable right now. I don't know who or how, but I'm feeling some responsibility to pay it forward because we have been so blessed. I'm hoping the right opportunity comes to us.

I'm totally enjoying my family and my home at the moment. Life is good.

No comments: