It's 2:30 am and I can't sleep, but it's because I'm so excited about all the stuff that's going on. Louis has been on vacation for one whole day but I already feel like a brand new person. I'm still feeling the high of spending time with my friends the other night. I went to a midwife meeting yesterday by myself and I felt so free. I wore real clothes and real earrings and drove fast and listened to my music and got gas all by myself. I felt like such an adult. I really hadn't realized how much I missed all this stuff being home with Olivia everyday.
It's no reflection on how much I love her, of course, but I totally needed these little boosts to bring me back to living a great life. I'm solely responsible for her about 20 hours a day, every single day, and I was really feeling drained. The little bit of time away also made me miss her and I have so much more patience with her now.
I would love to have a functional house and get back to exercising again, but I am so grateful for the breaks I got in just the past couple days. This is going to be an awesome vacation!
No comments:
Post a Comment