Saturday, June 29, 2013

Vacation Over

Well, tomorrow is the last day of Louis' two week vacation. It was definitely a mix of highs and lows but Olivia and I will really miss him when he goes back to work.

Ever since I had my "me day" and got acupuncture, I haven't had any insomnia, which has been great. The only thing is that I haven't blogged, since I'm just falling asleep as soon as I get into bed.

Anyway, the last two weeks were mostly great. The most exciting thing for me was that Louis finally agreed to turn to traditional Chinese medicine to help his eczema. He's been taking herbs for a short time but his skin is almost healed! I think he's sold and I love that he can now see that my "alternative" health care preferences really work, yay!

The other really great thing about his vacation was that he was usually there when Olivia and I woke up in the morning. She would sit up and call for "dada" and he would come in to see her right away. They would then head off to play while I got to catch a few more minutes of sleep. We all loved vacation mornings!

Our trip to Monterey was nice, even though Louis had food poisoning and a fever for most of it. I'm glad we made some great family memories. I want Olivia to have a super happy childhood. I love seeing her happy.

Louis works just three days this coming week, thanks to the holiday. After that, though, he won't have a vacation again until Christmas. *sigh* That seems so far away!

No comments: