Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Awesome

Tonight, I left Olivia to have dinner with her grandparents (and then Louis picked her up after his meeting) while I went to work.  After a prenatal meeting where we heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time (yay!), I did a final postpartum meeting with the client I sorta fired. Actually, I risked her out of care and sent her to the hospital because she was developing a complication (and focusing on the money). Tonight, she welcomed me with a hug and thanked me for all I had done. Once she finally went to the hospital, she ended up having an emergency cesarean. I'm sad she wasn't able to have the natural birth she wanted but I'm so glad she and her baby are alive and well. I also feel somewhat validated in my decision to transfer her care, especially since it was my first time making the call. Anyway, she promised to keep in touch and I really hope she does. I know I'll think about her.

After the postpartum visit, T and I went out to dinner at the Elephant Bar. It has been many, many months since we've gone out together for fun and we were so excited we were like giddy teenagers. We had appetizers, entrees, and the dessert sampler while we got caught up on gossip and drama and politics and new research and the most recent births. It was super.

When we finally parted, my friend R called and I ended up talking to her for an hour and a half! We talked as I drove home and then while I just sat in the car in my driveway. She's amazing. It was so great to talk to her.

I got to do a prenatal visit, a postpartum visit and spend hours with my two best friends tonight. Awesome, awesome, awesome. I feel great!

No comments: