He's also buying and selling houses and he's representing his company as broker for the new birth center that's coming to San Ramon.
I've been busy with lots of behind the scenes cooking and cleaning for the campaign, so that our home (which is currently campaign headquarters) is comfy for the important folks stopping by and we appear to have our act together.
I'm also working on our midwifery non-profit, finishing postpartum care, and preparing to file a birth certificate. Oh, and we're in the middle of potty training. Things are hectic.
I was having a particularly difficult morning with trying to cross too many things off my list while taking care of Olivia and it wasn't going well. T called and asked how I was and I growled, "I'm so stressed!" After I got off the phone with her, O and I went to a chirpractors appointment. I had forgotten that my chiropractor was going to do some nutritional testing in addition to my adjustment today and one of the extra tests she did was a blood pressure. I saw the number and went, "whoa, okay, I'm calming down now." It wasn't so high but it was out of the range of normal for me and I know it was because of how challenging life has been lately. I'm glad I got the wake up call today.
As we were leaving the office, Olivia took my hand, looked up at me, and said, "patience." I didn't even know she knew that word. So, for the rest of the day, mama chilled way out. We had popsicles and then danced around the front room singing songs from the Frozen soundtrack, just generally being silly.
I'm remembering to breathe and not take everything so seriously. One day at a time. I love my daughter.
No comments:
Post a Comment