Poor Louis and Olivia were waiting for me to come home so we could all go out to dinner, and none of us thought I would take so long. We finally met up at Le Soleil but as we started eating, I got a call from a client who is 5 weeks postpartum and feeling like she may be getting mastitis. We hurried to finish eating and packed up the leftovers so I could take her some medicine.
When I tried to say goodbye to Olivia, she broke down in tears and wouldn't let go of me.
*sigh*
So, all three of us hopped in the car and took a road trip to deliver the meds. We sang to the Frozen soundtrack the whole way. Olivia's favorite lines are "happy snowman!" and "you got me, let's call it a night." Once we pulled up to the house, I went inside while Olivia and Louis waited in the car. Of course, she had another meltdown and I could hear her calling for mama as I came out.
On the way home, she insisted on holding my hand while I drove. Louis was fussing with his cell phone and mumbling something about pictures from the campaign event, which quickly became super annoying, especially as our baby was bawling in the backseat.
Good grief. I'm starting to wonder if motherhood and midwifery will ever go together for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment