It's been a great week. I followed my new doctor's suggestions about taking time for myself and I actually started reading a book! It is the first book I've read since I was pregnant. It's called The Disappearing Spoon and it's part of the summer reading program at the library. It's a non-fiction book about the history of the periodic table. I'm only about 40 pages in but it's super interesting! I found the time to read it because I sat and read during Olivia's nap instead of cleaning the kitchen. I enjoyed the book (and the idea of reading a book!) so much that I don't really feel guilty about not doing the dishes.
I also started working again on my cookbook. I've been cooking a bunch of recipes I cut out of magazines or copied out of library books and if I like the result, then I print up the recipe with my own notes and attach a picture of the finished dish. It's my own little cookbook and I'm storing it all in a purple binder for now.
Olivia did not take a nap today but she was so tired that she fell asleep at eight o'clock. Eight o'clock! That's the earliest ever. It was still light outside. Louis was having a campaign meeting here and I had so much work to do that I tried to put her down early just to see what would happen. Success! Poor girl was really tired.
Everybody's schedule is thrown off and it will get worse, because I got called to report for jury duty tomorrow morning. Worst timing ever. I already used my breastfeeding extension and I didn't think to request to be excused as a mom of a toddler because I have never been called for jury duty before and I didn't think it would actually happen. I am going to do whatever I can to get dismissed, but I don't know how long it will take. Olivia will be with my dad in the morning and then Louis will come home at lunchtime if I'm not home already.
T has a client ready to have her baby any day and I'm supposed to assist. I was also planning to take a fancy Whole Foods fruit tart to one of my best friends tomorrow morning for her birthday. Now I'm not sure whether I should take it to her late in the evening or just eat it and get another one :)
Jury duty is so inconvenient. I would actually like to serve one day, but the timing right now is so wrong. The only good thing about being called for tomorrow is that I get to read my new book while I wait. I hope I get dismissed quickly.
No comments:
Post a Comment