I'm glad we didn't, because about 10 this morning, our elderly neighbor rang the doorbell. I realized it was her first time visiting inside our home, even though we chat with her outside all the time. She came over just to thank me for sharing an apricot jam with her. She gave me a hug and said she'd loved it on her breakfast toast. Aw, what a nice surprise! She stayed for awhile chatting with us about when she raised her twin sons. She's such an interesting lady.
After her visit, Olivia and I played with all her puzzles and I sorted out the ones that are so easy they're boring for her. We'll do a swap with my mom for some new, more challenging puzzles. Then, we played in her kitchen and made real blueberry popsicles in our kitchen.
Last night while Olivia was "helping" daddy make copies in the office, she discovered my old iPhone. I figured she could just play around with it in hopes she would leave mine alone, ha. Today, she figured out how to plug it in by herself and when it was charged, we discovered it still had lots of photos of her as a baby and my music downloads. There are only the basic apps and no internet connection, so it makes it the perfect phone for her to use.
After lunch of leftover spaghetti, we watched a new (to us) show called Signing Time, which is about teaching sign language to kids. We both loved it. She started practicing some signs by copying what they were doing on the show.
We brought the iPhone to bed so we could snuggle and look at all the old pictures before naptime. I must have dozed off just before she did, because when I woke up a couple minutes later, she still had the phone in her hand but was fast asleep.
We definitely need lazy days like this every so often.
And now it looks like I will be heading to a birth tonight. Please let it be fast and smooth. I am so ready to be off call for the rest of the summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment