Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Ear Pain

I woke up more rested than I have been in such a long time!  I owe it all to the yoga class last night which was awesome.

O slept in really late today and when she woke up, she said her ear hurt.  I got out my otoscope, which I'm feeling more confident about using, and noticed that the eardrum in the ear she was complaining about was inflamed.  Awesome.  I had picked up some homeopathic ear infection tablets last week? when she said her other ear hurt.  We didn't end up needing to use them, since that earache passed quickly.  Since I didn't put the box away as soon as I bought it, it somehow ended up in Louis' car.  I don't even know how that happened, grr.  As it turned out, Louis called to ask if we could help him with an errand in Fremont and I planned to pick up the tablets from him while we were out.

O and I went to Kiddie Kollege, where we picked up the tie-dye shirts we made last week.  They look great!  I guess you can't really mess up tie-dye.  We had a good time at school and she seemed to feel fine.  After we left school, I explained that we needed to help daddy with an errand and we had to stop at a glass shop.  As soon as we got on the freeway, she started doing a whimper cry and said her ear hurt.

We were standing at the counter to pay for the glass we were picking up when I hear a burp and suddenly she's thrown up all over me.  As the second wave comes, I hold out my shirt to try and catch it and I'm soaked again.  No warning at all.  Lovely.

I have a change of clothes for her but not for me (grr!) in the car, so I change her and she falls asleep right away.  I drop off Louis' stuff, pick up the meds, and take Mission home so O can get a full 45 minute rest.  Louis tries to give me his collared shirt to wear instead of my vomit soaked one, but when I try it on, I discover that it buttons up in a most inappropriate x-rated way and will definitely not work.  Note to self, though, should I ever want to do a boudoir photo shoot, ha.  Skinny husband gets points for thoughtfulness.

Once we're home, I set her up on the couch while I change and scrub myself down, ugh.  I give her the tablets and turn on Daniel Tiger.  About an hour later, I get out the otoscope again and the inflammation is significantly less.  She's back to her normal self, chattering up a storm and bouncing all over the sofa and asking for snacks.  We make dinner together and have a perfectly pleasant evening.  Placebo, my foot.

Anyway, I'm hoping to take her for a craniosacral adjustment tomorrow in hopes of clearing the ear issue for good.

No comments: