Friday, April 3, 2015

Me Time

Auntie Sophia came over tonight to stay with O so I could get a quick break and run some errands. She had been coming a couple hours a week for the past month so I could go to my sewing class, but today was the first time I didn't have class and just wanted to get out.

O was a little apprehensive about me leaving at first but she warmed up pretty quickly. I managed to make three stops in two hours and I got stuff for Easter, O's birthday, and I even went clothes shopping for me!! It would have taken me all day long to accomplish the same errands with O.

I'm so grateful for Auntie Sophia's help because I trust her so much and I love that O loves her, too. When I pulled into the driveway, I could hear O's bossy, happy voice all the way outside and I knew she was having a fun time.

I've been so desperate for a break that all I wanted or expected was for Auntie to keep O alive for a couple hours, ha. I had no idea what to expect about this whole sitter deal because it's so new to me. I've been blown away by the idea that O could be without me AND she could be having tons of fun. I love it. I came home to find that not only is O still alive, she's also been learning about the butterfly life cycle, making Easter crafts, and playing "restaurant" with handwritten menus!

I was so renewed by my break and I was in a great mood this afternoon. O and I danced around the house, cooked dinner together, watched a little Elmo, and baked banana bread before Louis came home.

Yay!!!

No comments: