I found a book for O, a couple parenting books for me, and a used Lord John book by Diana Gabaldon, who wrote the Outlander series.
The woman who works at the book shop is super helpful and funny. T introduced us and I've always been treated so well. The woman is also *really* knowledgeable about books so I decided to ask her opinion about the Outlander series and whether it is unusual for there to be such a series. Basically, I'm caught up with the books that are out and I'm kind of looking for something else to start but I really wanted her recommendation.
She said that it is actually rare for a writer to produce such high quality work and be able to sustain it for so long. She actually said that I have reached the pinnacle of modern literature and that most everything else is "just fluff."
Well, dang. The good news is that I discovered the series at all and that I still have the Lord John parallel series to start, plus Diana Gabaldon's non-fiction stuff. I guess the disappointing news is that I may never find another series or author that I love this much. Hmm. I'm not sure what to think about that yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment