Monday, April 20, 2015

Clean Home

Louis has a new real estate partner. It's a guy named Tom that he went to high school with. They're gonna work together to lighten the real estate load for both of them, I guess. Louis has been so busy with real estate that he started turning people away. His broker found out and scolded him and suggested he bring in help, so that's what he's doing.

Louis invited Tom, his wife, and their one year old son over to our place for dinner tonight so we could all meet. Yeah, our home which is a complete disaster. Fortunately Louis told them he planned to pick up dinner, which meant I didn't have to cook, phew.

This afternoon, we set O up with a snack and The Little Mermaid DVD and Louis and I went to work carrying every single item from our cluttered dining room up to the office. We cleaned the bathroom, kitchen, O's room, and wiped down all the floors. It wasn't a deep cleaning, but our home looks and feels great!

I totally resent having to clean my home for someone else and grumbled such as we cleaned, but now that it's done, I feel so much more peaceful.

The plan is to keep our dining room table clear of anything except meals, storing everything else upstairs and only bringing down what we immediately need. Let's hope it works!

I just went through the calendar for the week and made myself to-do notes for each day. I love feeling more organized.

And, I really enjoyed meeting Tom and his family. I'm glad Louis is getting help and from someone who seems totally normal and trustworthy. His wife shared her whole birth story tonight, and how she wants to have more kids and is thinking about working with a midwife next time because her first birth experience was less than satisfying. Geez, if I had an hour of sleep for every time I heard that...

Let's see if I can talk her into a homebirth, lol.

No comments: