Monday, April 27, 2015

Sac Bound

Please say a prayer for O and me, as we're headed to Sacramento tomorrow. We'll be joining one of the largest crowds ever at the state capitol, where SB277 will be heard before the Senate Judiciary Committee.

This is the third committee hearing for the bill, and the third chance for it to die before reaching the full house. Our momentum is building - close to 1000 people at the first, over 3000 last week. One of the sergeant at arms said it was the biggest crowd he had ever seen. Looks like tomorrow will be even larger.

We'll be taking BART to Amtrak to taxi to the capitol, because I can't bear the thought of dealing with difficulty of parking. Hopefully O will enjoy her first real train ride. Our bags are packed. Our red outfits are ready to go.

It is going to be such an ordeal to haul ourselves across the state tomorrow, but I can't not be there. I have to do something. Even if I don't get a chance to speak, it'll be okay. It will be great to be among the like-minded.

Facebook is blowing up with excitement and anticipation. Fired up and ready to go! Let's kill this bill.

No comments: