O decided she wanted to play in the sandbox for most of the morning, and while I was sitting on the edge watching her, another mom came up and we started chatting. I really like this mom. She's the one who found O when she wandered away in the library and I was starting to freak out. Anyway, she asked if we had decided whether we would be going to Broadmoor in the fall and I told her we were number 2 on the wait list. She said we just got bumped up to number 1, since she decided she wasn't going to be enrolling. Turns out that she homeschooled her son from preschool until second grade and only stopped because she had her daughter, who had to spend a lot of time in the NICU after she was born. I never pictured her as a homeschooler because she seems so mainstream. Anyway, she said she knows her daughter will be her last child and she wants to homeschool to enjoy every possible moment with her, because she loved homeschooling her son.
As we were talking, another couple of mom friends walked up and got in on the homeschool conversation, too. We're now talking about setting up some group play dates if we all decide to do it together come fall.
I'm 90% leaning toward homeschooling for preschool now. I have some great mentors and resources around me and I think I can do it. Louis is not at all convinced, but I have several months to work on him.
I invited T to join me for my goodnight yoga class tonight. O went to bed early and it was nice to spend time with T as we drove together. She had made it clear that she is not at all a fan of yoga and that she passes out with a lot of up and down bending poses. I had promised her that this class was super gentle and relaxing and that she wouldn't even break a sweat.
Of course, of course, we picked the night when the studio decided to pick a new teacher for the class but didn't tell the new teacher how the class is normally run. Our 20 year old instructor with her perfect body did a super fast flow of up and down and up and down poses and after only a couple minutes, T just sat down and rested for most of the rest of the class. I tried to keep up but it was challenging. It would have been great if I had been prepared for it but I wanted my gentle, relaxing class!
We were so disappointed and I was so embarrassed. Even though T told the instructor about her issues before class started, the instructor never gave her any modifications to do, so T just sat or laid there until we were done. Not fun for either of us. I so want to hunt down the old instructor and sign up wherever she's teaching. I have four more passes to use and then I guess I'll find another studio that's closer to home. Darn, I so loved that goodnight class :(
No comments:
Post a Comment