My baby girl had her Daniel Tiger party in our backyard. What was supposed to be such a simple, no stress event, turned into an ordeal like it always does, but it seems like everyone had a good time and I even got to visit with my friends. Our friends and family came through, as always, with help bringing food and setting up. The weather was perfect and everything came together nicely.
I was so worried that O would have a hard time being the center of attention in front of so many people, but she did great. No tears! She didn't even have a meltdown after everyone left. She greeted people and thanked them. Sharing happened. She was fine when her friend helped her open gifts. I'm so proud of her. Louis and I agree that the party was so much better than we had expected.
One of the best parts was that my sister in law, Auntie Lolo, came up a few days ago with the intention of helping with the party. I never thought I would say it, but she has been awesome. She's helped with the shopping, cleaning, setting up, decorating, picture taking, and recovery. Most of all, she's kept O entertained and out of our way when needed. Ah, so this is what it's like to have extended family live with us! It's great! It's funny to me how much I resented my inlaws before having O but look forward to their visits now. LOL
I never stressed about the party because I actually had help with O so I could think and do what needed to get done. And, O absolutely adores her aunt. Auntie Lolo has been very generous with her time, attention, and money spent on O, and I'm so appreciative. I love that my girl has a spoiling auntie. It's also great watching O love and admire another person so much. They have a special relationship.
We are all exhausted and off to bed early tonight. I'm so happy my daughter had a fun birthday party! I'm so grateful to all our friends and family who love my girl :)
No comments:
Post a Comment