Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Laundry

I have a brand new washer and dryer!!!

My new appliances were delivered today and I think they're beautiful. They're LG front loaders of a basic model, but that's all I need.

Louis and I had been waiting for the next holiday sale to buy the new washer and dryer, because ours were just barely hanging on. He got our set used for free back in 2008 and they served us well, but they were just done. On Memorial Day, Louis had to work, so Olivia and I went down to Airport Appliance ourselves and took care of the whole thing.

I walked in not knowing what I wanted, but knowing I was definitely leaving with a set. We walked down an aisle and at the end was a pretty set with the price tag of our family's special number. I knew it was a sign, and that was the set I ended up getting. I felt so grateful, because it was like my grandma was saying, "I know you have the little one with you and don't have the time to research, so just get this set." Yay! 

Louis was texting me the whole time, reminding me to negotiate, and I just kept thinking, "Ack, I'm a girl! Don't know how to negotiate." Once I knew the set I wanted, I gave O a snack and then texted my dad to ask for his help researching the price elsewhere. Turns out that Home Depot had the same set for a little less, plus we could apply for a credit line and get 10 percent off.

Fortunately, the guy who came over to help me agreed to do the same price I could get at Home Depot, plus I got discounts on all the supplies, delivery, and haul away. As we sat at the desk to write up the deal, I gave O some paper and a marker and then just sat back quietly and looked at him until he offered another discount.

Louis says he couldn't have gotten a better deal himself. Mister negotiator himself. Well, there ya go. Since I was pretty dang proud of myself, I decided to throw in a deep freezer (which I got discounted), too. Now I have plenty of space to make and store my broth, soups, fish, and meat. Yes!

Domestic goddess status, here I come!

No comments: