Saturday, May 30, 2015

Alone Time

So, it's that time of the month again. The time when, for a couple of days, I hate my husband, I can't stand my kid, and life generally sucks. I've been feeling like this for a few months now (or at least that's how long I've been aware of it), and noticed quite the disturbing pattern of when this feeling comes up. The whole rest of the month I love my family. But today? Ugh.

I'm so worried because I thought this was something that just happened to menopausal women! There has to be some hormonal reason for my craziness, so I made an appointment with my naturopathic doctor to figure things out. I signed up for a Pap smear while I'm there. And then, I just found out that the day of my appointment is the day of the most massive no on 277 rally ever because it will be going before the Assembly health committee.  Well, dang. Taking a three year old across the state and back by myself on a napless day or Pap smear? It's a tough one but I'm going with the Sacramento trip. Guess my hormone balancing will have to wait a bit.

Louis was working another twelve hour day, so Olivia and I were cat-sitting for my parents today. We followed instructions to let him outside for a bit but the dang cat didn't come back inside for three hours! During that time, O spilled her broccoli spinach soup all over the carpet, she wrote all over the play table, she broke a magnet, she refused to use the potty, and just generally drove me crazy. I put on a movie to keep her calm and in one spot, but she got scared by Beauty and the Beast, even though she's seen it before. Good grief.

I needed somebody to take out my frustration on, so I called Airport Appliance to give them an earful about how my new washing machine is leaking. They gave me the run around so that I ended up calling THREE TIMES because they kept giving me the wrong number to call for a service repair. The damn cat ran away, Olivia's doing the "mama, mama, mama" attention needing thing, and I lost it. That poor guy who answered my third call... 

Anyway, the cat came back, the soup stain mostly came up, and there will be a repair guy at my place on Tuesday.

Seriously, I just want to crawl into a sweat lodge and disappear for about 5 days. I can deal with other women, but I cannot stand my family or anybody who needs anything. 

Olivia finally fell asleep, Louis finally went to bed, and now the whole rest of the night is mine. I'll be on the couch with ice cream and chips watching the Outlander season finale. I will not be bothered.

No comments: