I stepped on the fancy schmancy scale that tells your weight, percentage body fat, water levels, and metabolic age. I don't remember the numbers, but my stats were not good. I am so determined to get in shape in a way that I've never been before. I guess I realize I'm not getting any younger and it's not like it's going to get easier to be healthy and fit as I get older, so I may as well change things now.
I went gluten-free again a couple weeks ago and have already lost some fluff. I'll add in my daily workout now and see what happens. I want to be healthy.
After the chiropractor, we picked up snacks and went to my holistic moms meeting at the library. This month's meeting topic was a spring cleaning swap. Everyone brought stuff and displayed it on a big blanket and then we picked what we wanted. Everybody seemed to be happy with what they got, or with the stuff they got rid of. I took home all the leftovers and will be donating it all to the women's shelter, since it's mostly maternity and baby clothes.
I think it was a great meeting. I want to plan on doing it every year. It was also super helpful that Louis came to take O home and put her to bed, since she hadn't napped today.
Just as we were starting to wrap up and say goodbye, one of the several three year olds in the room and one of O's best friends, pulled the fire alarm. I heard her mom tell her not to touch it, then a second later we heard the alarm and the whole library had to be evacuated. The fire department came and gave the all clear so we could go back inside, but it took a long time. While we were waiting outside, I overheard a librarian say that as far as she knew, this hadn't happened since 1999.
My friend was so upset and felt awful about her daughter pulling the alarm, but I think she did us a favor. I got to watch the response from the staff and I'll be giving the library director a call tomorrow with a few of my observations. There is room for improvement. My friend asked one of the fire fighters to give her daughter a talking to about not pulling alarms and I'm pretty sure the girl will never touch another one. It very easily could have been my girl pulling the alarm.
O was asleep when I got home (yes! Yay, daddy!), so I sat down to relax with some Netflix and found myself watching Fruitvale Station for the first time. Oh, my. His daughter was the same age as O when he was killed. I can't even.
I'm ready for a good restful sleep tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment