We made spaghetti dinner (her favorite meal) this evening. She peeled garlic, chopped bell peppers, added the pasta to the boiling water, and stirred the meat sauce. My little helper! We ate as a family and then I left to go to a meeting at the library while O got to spend the evening with daddy. I waited at the door to the meeting room where we were supposed to meet, but no one showed. I took some time to look at some books and I even checked out a few to take home. I never get to leisurely check out the library! I went back to the room and there was still no one there. Oh, well. I tried.
I left to go to my yoga class early so I could sit and read my new library books. Yoga was supposed to be the "goodnight yoga" I've been going to for awhile, but they keep rotating in new instructors. I didn't know until tonight, but the class has now been changed from a yoga class to a meditation class. I really wanted my relaxing yoga class, but kinda loved the idea of meditation, too.
I really like the new instructor! She led us through a 25 minute seated meditation, which was basically lots of focusing on our breathing. Then, we did a 10 minute walking meditation, where we walked across the room at a super slow pace, paying attention to every part of our foot as it left the floor and came down again. I'd never done anything like it and I'm sure we looked ridiculous but it was great!
Finally, we did another seated meditation that focused on our root chakra. She explained that the root chakra has to do with the basics of life, like food, shelter, clothing, and what we need to survive and feel safe. As we sat there and breathed, my mind wandered of course, but instead of finding myself thinking about the last song I heard on the radio or all the things I have to do this week, I found myself thinking about what and who makes me feel safe. I thought about what makes O feel safe. I thought about our home and how I've tried to set up O's room and how we try to give her everything she needs. My thoughts kept coming but they were all about feeling grateful. I even felt a bit weepy for a second.
Tonight just happened to be the beginning of the chakra series that the instructor is doing, so I started at the right time! I'll definitely be back next week. I feel awesome now and ready for peaceful sleep.
It totally felt like the whole day and especially the evening was a gift. How awesome is it when things just work out and fall into place? Feeling very grateful tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment