Saturday, May 23, 2015

Prenatals Only

I have a new client! A friend of mine referred me to this couple who is newly pregnant but moving to the East Coast in a couple months. They're just looking for a few prenatal visits with a midwife before they leave, and I came "highly recommended." Yay!

It's perfect for me! I so wish I could do more of this. Prenatal and postpartum care is fun, without the stress of being on-call for the birth.

I spent a little over an hour going through the physical exam and health history, laughing with them, and answering lots of questions. Before I left, the woman asked if she could give me a hug and said she had been expecting the prenatal to be more relaxed than in the doctor's office, but she had no idea it would be so enjoyable. Hey, I've still got it! I really like this family. And the best part was that they paid me! I charged them way less than my colleagues would, but it's okay by me. I even had my card reader available, since my practice now has a PayPal account, but they gave me a check. Happily, without negotiation. I love it!

While I was out, Louis was feeding O and putting her down to bed. This is the third night in a row that he's been doing the bedtime routine, since I am officially weaning now. She doesn't seem to mind too much, because she loves snuggling in bed with her daddy.

Knowing it would be easier for him if I stayed away until she was asleep, I went to Whole Foods after my appointment, since the family lives really close by. I got to take my time leisurely perusing the aisles and reading ingredient labels. It was blissful.

Louis asked me to stay out just a little longer, since they got a late start on bedtime. Before I knew it, I had spent the entire amount I had just gotten paid, and on only two bags of groceries! Ah, such is life.

Easy come, easy go. But, I had a great time tonight.


No comments: