Tuesday, May 5, 2015

International Midwives' Day

Know what makes me feel all warm and fuzzy? When my daughter goes to bed early and I have the house to myself for a bit and I get a surprise random text from a friend wishing me a happy midwives' day and saying it's an honor to call me her friend. Aw, gosh.

The quiet house part was key, because I was able to be still enough to actually appreciate the message. I love being a midwife for friends and family. Even if I don't get to catch the baby or even be at the birth. I just love that my friends (and clients who have become friends) trust me enough to allow me to be part of their special birth experience. It's truly an honor.

Especially when I'm struggling with not being able to work as a full-time professional right now, the texts, phone calls, emails, and personal visits with questions about anything and everything pregnancy and birth related mean so much to me. I still have a purpose, ha!

I'm so honored that my friends consider me a midwife and my midwives consider me a friend. I love my work.

No comments: