So, what is up with people not posting to their blogs regularly (ahem, Phillip)? How am I supposed to procrastinate with schoolwork if I don't have tons of good updates to read? Thanks to Kean's 10 month update (he's so cute!), this morning I had my daily fix of the outside world and have since been studying hard.
The module I'm working on now is First Stage. It basically covers everything about the birth process from the beginning of labor up to pushing. It's actually quite a bit of info to cover. Along with a slight lack of motivation, I'm feeling like this topic is a little too big, so I'm having a hard time just getting it done. I thought I'd put some questions out to part of my "village" to see what y'all think. In other words, help! I think pretty much all of you have been/will be in labor or you have helped/will help someone through labor at some point. Therefore, you're all qualified.
Here are some questions I could use some help with:
#1 Choose a book to recommend to clients about preparing for labor and birth. (What is everyone's favorite? What good and bad things have you heard about certain books?)
#2 Give examples of family members' participation in the labor process. (What can family members do that is actually helpful?)
#3 Describe how you help a woman relax in labor. Give several examples of things you've tried and had positive experience with.
#4 Make a list of options for stimulating labor (at home).
#5 Compile a list of childbirth preparation classes. Include information about length and cost, as well as topics covered. (Any classes recommended more than others? Any to stay away from?)
Thanks in advance for any input you can provide!
2 comments:
i know! i freaking LOVE reading phillip's writing.
1. we only have 1 book and it's the standard what to expect one. reading reviews a lot of peeps had negative comments saying the book totally freaked them out. i'm definitely not reading the whole thing straight through. mostly i just use it as a reference or to follow the week by week blurbs. i have no interest in reading a bunch of baby books . . .
2. husband can be there to get screamed at. typically taiwanese mothers of the new mom will help out especially the first month after the kid is out. cooking food would be helpful.
3. great question, i have no experience. ask me again later. i think cheering enthusiastically would be helpful. "goooooooo [name]!!!"
4. my dad made my mom walk around lake merritt when she started going into labor. i came out pretty fast.
5. i took the midpreg class and will take the preparing for childbirth class. i think prenatal yoga would be good. breastfeeding sounds like a good class too. oh yeah, newborn care is another one. definitely ask pl and hl. they took a bunch of classes and didn't think they were all that helpful.
dk
I've got no clue! of the few people I know that've had children, I've been so far removed from the sitation. I hope you've completed this module already.
Post a Comment