Got a letter in the mail from NARM today. It's my cc of the letter they sent to the medical board with my exam score, to prove that I passed and that I qualify for a license.
I was struck by the last sentence, "She (meaning me) has completed all the requirements for certification, and is a CPM in good standing with NARM."
At first I thought someone made a mistake, since I haven't heard from my school that I've officially graduated yet. But, then T called to tell me she got a letter too, only hers said she would qualify to be a CPM once she has finished school. Therefore, that must mean I did finish! Maybe my school just forgot to tell me? Who knows, but according to NARM, I'm official!
CPM stands for certified professional midwife and it is the standard designation for non-nurse home birth midwives across the US and Canada. In some states, it would be all I need to legally practice. In California, however, the medical board requires a license in addition to the CPM status. I'm still waiting to get the piece of paper in the mail, but today's letter is so promising! I'm halfway there.
3 comments:
yay!!!
Eeeeeee!! That's terrific news!
dk
You are the best!
Post a Comment