Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Hanging Out

I'm still waiting for word that I've done graduated. I started filling out the application for a midwifery license from the state of CA, and noticed that (of course) there were still more hoops I have to jump through. First, I need to get (pay for) and submit official transcripts from all colleges I attended. Then, I need to pay an additional $51 to have the fingerprints (that I just paid $81 for) processed. Then, I need to track down a notary who isn't related to me, and of course, I need to pay for that, too.

Ugh.

I called up my dad and asked if he wanted to get out of the house and come along for the ride. He agreed, so we spent a few hours together. First we headed out to Chabot so I could pick up my transcript. The new campus is pretty cool. The best part is that they now have free 30 minute guest parking, so I didn't have to pay for a daily parking pass. My transcript was printed out and sealed in about 15 minutes, and then we headed out to Mills. Unfortunately, they don't print out transcripts there anymore, so I ordered it online from a computer on campus. I should get them in the mail in about 5 days. Five days! *whimper*

My dad and I walked around the Mills campus, which is so pretty. We stopped in the bookstore and he bought a hat that says, "Mills Dad" on it. He even bought matching "Mills College" pullover sweatshirts for me and my sister! Very cool. I'm glad he's proud of our accomplishments there. I'm really glad I graduated from Mills. It was the best college I could have picked, because it was such the perfect fit for me. It brought back lots of good memories being there.

It was fun hanging out with the old man today. We did some errands together yesterday, too. We got ourselves some pumpkins to carve, which I haven't done in a really long time. He's a pretty cool guy. I'm looking forward to spending more time together while he's home recovering and I'm getting my practice started.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a great time with your pa.

dk