Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Waiting

Well, my application for a midwifery license from the state of CA is in the mail. I got my picture taken today at Costco, then got the application notarized, then sent it certified mail to the medical board.

The nice lady at the medical board is waiting to receive word from my school that I graduated and for a letter from NARM saying I passed the exam. Somewhere along the way, I also need an official fingerprint clearance from the FBI. Basically, everything I could possibly do on my end has been done. I'm waiting to hear back from my school administrator about my graduation status. The difficulty is that she and practically every other midwife in the country is at an annual midwifery conference taking place in Nashville this week. I'll prolly have to wait for the conference to end before I get official word from her. *sigh*

I'm done. I'm finished. It's out of my hands now. As soon as everyone else does their part, I'll be a licensed midwife.

In the meantime, I'll be a crumpled up mess on the couch, watching ER and eating all the sugary, fatty, gluten-full foods I can find.

No comments: