I'm home.
I've never had such an intense week before, ever. I'm still a whole mess of emotions.
Quite honestly, I'm having a hard time transitioning back to life as usual at home. Today helped a lot, because I finally got a moment to just sit quietly and be. I did zumba this morning (the ghetto way - following YouTube videos from home), then gave myself a pedicure, did some laundry, and sorted through all the mail that arrived while I was gone. I did a pretty good job of organizing my office before I left (yay me), so at least that part isn't so overwhelming.
A big part of my heart is still back at Casa, with all the midwives who are going through major changes right now. I'll explain more later, as more info comes out. I also definitely intend to post about my adventure across New Mexico and Colorado, which was really beautiful and amazing. I'm getting there.
I have lots of email to return, lots of unpacking to do, and lots to catch up on. First, though, I plan to spend the whole weekend with Louis. Since I've been home, we've really only spent about 2 hours together while awake. This weekend, I fully intend on enjoying and appreciating his company as we catch up on everything from the bills to family drama to work accomplishments. Next week we'll celebrate 7 years as a married couple! He has been so wonderful through everything. I'm gonna be good to him the way he's been good to me :)
No comments:
Post a Comment